All about performance,service,spare parts

Moderator: UMMM461

OstrongAudio
Nou venit
Nou venit

Searching upper backdoor for 244

Post by OstrongAudio »

Hello Everybody!

I´m new to this forum, my family is driving ARO (240 from 1976) since about 6 years in everyday use. I´m restoration a ARO 244 from 1976 at the moment and I´m searching for the upper backdoor like you can see on the photo, maybe somebody can help me with a good used one or better a new one. I don´t need the glass or the rubber, only the metal frame without holes, cause of rust my backdoor has a few holes where no holes should be : )

Greetings
David from Austria
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ramiro
Membru Devotat
Membru Devotat

Re: Searching upper backdoor for 244

Post by Ramiro »

Hello, welcome David!!

An Aro 244, from 1976, in Austria is realy rare
If you post a complete picture of the rear door of your jeep it will be easier to identify the material that you need.
Anyway it's not difficult to find the spare part, but only to carry it... :D

Regards.
A lenda vive...!!!
tudop
Membru de elita
Membru de elita

Post by tudop »

Actually that is the complete picture ;D The early models had the rear door made from two halfs. The only problem ... is quite difficult to find that part in a good condition, because they are very few remaining cars with that kind of door, and new parts are not available. Maybe someone who found one of these early models in a scrapyard could help ?
>> Daca a vazut cineva pe la remat un 244 cu hayon din 2 bucati sa zica ;D
OstrongAudio
Nou venit
Nou venit

Post by OstrongAudio »

Thanks for you answers, I thought that it will be difficult to find a upper back door but I hope that maybe someone in the home of ARO can help me some time.

Here are some pictures, 1 and 2 showing conditon when I bought it, Photo 3 is showing the actual condition with complete new painted front frame, new brakes, nearly new springs overworked free wheeling hubs, new seals, new adjusted wheelbearing, nearly all rubber is new,..... only problem I cant find the old break cylinder dust caps with rectangular opening (I have the old cylinder with only 2 screws!)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.