Hello from Portugal

Presentations,questions,everything...only in english language,please

Moderator: UMMM461

Werner
Aro Club Romania
Aro Club Romania

Re: Hello from Portugal

Post by Werner »

Ramiro, I read in a Forum on Portugal Site, in Tramagal, where was build PORTARO, it was also build TAGUS (like the River). It was the license of the romanian TV Van. Do You know something about it? Did still exist somewhere this cars (used)? Do You know how many pices they produce in Portugal?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

dragospetres
Membru legendar
Membru legendar

Post by dragospetres »

Ramiro,can you scan this pages(or photos) from the revista Motor classico no 27-28?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ramiro
Membru Devotat
Membru Devotat

Post by Ramiro »

Werner wrote:Ramiro, I read in a Forum on Portugal Site, in Tramagal, where was build PORTARO, it was also build TAGUS (like the River). It was the license of the romanian TV Van. Do You know something about it? Did still exist somewhere this cars (used)? Do You know how many pices they produce in Portugal?
Dear Werner

The Tagus ( in english it means the name of the river Tejo, in Lisbon) was assembled, approved and marketed by the portuguese company SEMAL (Garagem Vitoria), under the license from Romanian TV Van, at the same time that the Portaro was built, also in Tramagal (1976).

There were 2 versions: one with wooden box, and the other Van, as you can see in the picture, both with Daihatsu engine, i think.

Experts say that Tagus was the predecessor of the Portaro Campina, but i can't certify that opinion because there aren't more informations about that vehicle.

The Van version is very rare.
Werner
Aro Club Romania
Aro Club Romania

Post by Werner »

Thank You for the Information! ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ The Photo whit the car is older, or still exist some Tagus on Portugals Roads? It's a splendid car! ;)

This is my "Tagus", but the roof is not original :'( . I still have much work around the vehicle to make it ready....!

Ramiro
Membru Devotat
Membru Devotat

Post by Ramiro »

Werner wrote:Thank You for the Information! ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^ The Photo whit the car is older, or still exist some Tagus on Portugals Roads? It's a splendid car! ;)

This is my "Tagus", but the roof is not original :'( . I still have much work around the vehicle to make it ready....!
Hello, Werner!

Congratulations!... \:D/

Finally I see a "Tagus" Van.

In portugal i never saw any one.

In contrast, the Tagus with wooden box still exists on our roads, especially for agricultural purposes.

The photo that I sent to you is recent. I Know that because the format of the number plate. If the photo was older, the number plate would be black with white letters.

Best Regards
Ramiro
Membru Devotat
Membru Devotat

Post by Ramiro »

dragospetres wrote:Ramiro,can you scan this pages(or photos) from the revista Motor classico no 27-28?

Salut, Dragos!

Yes, I can scan the 2nd page of the "motor" magazine nº 28, from June.

The 1st page will take longer because is the nº 27 from May, that i could not buy in time.

I will send you the material by PM, but i just need time.

However, I have more information than the magazine.

Best Regards
dragospetres
Membru legendar
Membru legendar

Re: Portaro: Models and Technical Data

Post by dragospetres »

Portughese companies have produced 4x4 UMM, Portaro, JIPTARA, Bravia, now what produce?
Ramiro
Membru Devotat
Membru Devotat

Post by Ramiro »

Salut Dragospetres

I moved your post to this topic, because it is the most appropriate to answer to your question.
Portugal also produced these rare and historic vehicles. Some of them were just prototypes for racing.
take a look at Marlei, one of the most curious of them.
As soon as possible I'll discribe their technical data:

FELCOM - 1933
EDFOR - 1937
DM - 1951
MG CANELAS - 1952
ALBA - 1952
MARLEI - 1954
OLDA - 1954
IPA - 1954
LUSITO - 1955
SADO - 1982

Regards
A lenda vive...!!!
gabriel90cl
Membru Devotat
Membru Devotat

Post by gabriel90cl »

Finally I see a "Tagus" Van.

In portugal i never saw any one.

In contrast, the Tagus with wooden box still exists on our roads, especially for agricultural purposes.

hi ramiro
i'm glad to say that i'm pround of my "tagus".i have a TV van:D
but for moment i can't go with her on the roads.because the taxes are to big for it,i must keep her on the garage :-[
i think i must sell it.i can't aford to keep it:( :'(
best regards
Ramiro
Membru Devotat
Membru Devotat

Post by Ramiro »

I understand you perfectly. Worse is pay taxes to keep an old car in the middle of an economic crisis, and do not have spare parts...
A lenda vive...!!!
Ramiro
Membru Devotat
Membru Devotat

Post by Ramiro »

Let's start with some portuguese historic vehicles.

FELCOM
Year of construction: 1933
Engine: Ford
4 cylinder
3285 C.C.
Gear box: 4 manual speed

Officially, the Felcom was the first prototype built in Portugal by Eduardo Ferreirinha and Manuel Menéres, known as the famous N-8659...
A lenda vive...!!!
Ramiro
Membru Devotat
Membru Devotat

Post by Ramiro »

Eduardo Carvalho acquired the Ford A project for competition, and participated in May 1933 in the circuit of Campo Grande, in Lisbon...
A lenda vive...!!!
Ramiro
Membru Devotat
Membru Devotat

Post by Ramiro »

In the meantime, the car has been rebuilt with the lighter chassis "Turcat-Mery", and the Ford A engine/transmission, with the transformation Miller, under the care of Salvador Vila Maior.

August 13 1933, Eduardo Carvalho start to run in the race circuit of boavista, in the city of Porto.
Here is the machine, with the misterious number plate N-8659.
A lenda vive...!!!
Ramiro
Membru Devotat
Membru Devotat

Post by Ramiro »

Here's Henrique dos Santos at the Estoril circuit, near Lisbon, on October 20, 1935, driving the Felcom, registered as Ford.
A lenda vive...!!!
Ramiro
Membru Devotat
Membru Devotat

Post by Ramiro »

In 1937, Eduardo Ferreirinha, a brilliant portuguese pilot and mechanic, built the famous EDFOR, with the following technical data:

EDFOR

Year of Construction: 1937
Engine: Ford
8 cylinder
3.620 C.C.
90 hp
Gear Box: 4 manual speed
160 km/h
Weight - 970 Kg
A lenda vive...!!!