Looking for ARO 244 4x4 Spare Parts

Presentations,questions,everything...only in english language,please

Moderator: UMMM461

kaki
Incepator
Incepator

Looking for ARO 244 4x4 Spare Parts

Post by kaki »

Hello all. I am looking for ARO 244 4x4 Spare Parts, please let me know if anyone can help. Thank you.

Ramiro
Membru Devotat
Membru Devotat

Re: Looking for ARO 244 4x4 Spare Parts

Post by Ramiro »

Welcome, Kaki

I sent a couple of PM to our members, and hope you're lucky.
Where are you from? Do you have some pictures of that old glory ?
A lenda vive...!!!
ydaniel
Membru legendar
Membru legendar

Post by ydaniel »

Welcome here and hope to help you!
kaki
Incepator
Incepator

Post by kaki »

Thank you very much for the welcome. I live in Maryland, USA...I will post some pictures when I get back next week. It is the 2000 model that had the Toyota 22R engine.

kaki
Incepator
Incepator

Post by kaki »

I hope that you can see them(I can only upload one picture at a time).These are the pictures when the car was recently found in a junk yard, ready to get crushed for scrap metal. Please note that the truck has no engine, speedometer,fuel tank nor transmission. I will get more pictures later once I clean her up a little bit and start my repairs. The truck has no rust at all...everything is very new on it including the tires, paint on the hood (bonnet) is peeling off a little bit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kaki
Incepator
Incepator

Post by kaki »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kaki
Incepator
Incepator

Post by kaki »

kaki
Incepator
Incepator

Post by kaki »

kaki
Incepator
Incepator

Post by kaki »

Werner
Aro Club Romania
Aro Club Romania

Post by Werner »

It's a rare ARO modell. What spare parts do You looking for?
kaki
Incepator
Incepator

Post by kaki »

The first thing I need is the speedometer (or the whole instrument panel). I understand that the engine and transmission was Toyota 22R, so am looking for those here in the US. This is going to be my Summer project.
tudop
Membru de elita
Membru de elita

Post by tudop »

Are you sure it had a Toyota engine? This model use to be originaly equipped with Renault diesel engines. Front drive shafts are rather weak, so it's not recomended to install an engine above 100bhp.
The original instrument panel is almost the same on most romanian made cars in that period, so it can be found dirt cheap, but the shipping costs could be higher than expected, and they are not high quality either ;D . You also can manufacture a custom instrument cluster with universal gauges and lights that you can buy localy (most of those made in china now :-j )
On the other hand, your Aro 11 might be the only one in US, because I don't think this model was exported there from Romania... maybe it was imported from South America, somewere ;D The bad side is the lack of spare parts, even in Romania some of them are difficult to find, since this model was not manufactured in large numbers.
kaki
Incepator
Incepator

Post by kaki »

Thank you for the replies and the nice pictures. It gives me a lot of motivation and inspiration. According to paperwork I have from the previous US owner, it shows a Toyota engine and transmission being installed in 2007.So I am going by that information. It is okay to keep the car original using the spare parts but maybe I need to go with modifications for the engine and transmission.
kaki
Incepator
Incepator

Post by kaki »

I am starting to work on the car and still looking for the instrument cluster, anyone? Thanks.