Presentations,questions,everything...only in english language,please

Moderator: UMMM461

Tht30
Nou venit
Nou venit

ARO 10-0 help needed

Post by Tht30 »

Hello there,
New comer to this forum, I have been the happy owner since 2014 of an ARO 10, first model, with individual wheel suspension on the rear axle.
I recently found myself in deep trouble, as I broke a rear transmission shaft : I can't remove the broken shaft from its place, even after lowering the triangle at the lowest point. As I don't have any repair manual, I have no idea how to manage : remove the suspension triangle, or detach the differential box, or else ?
Any suggestion ? By the way, it would be great if someone could post the relevant tech manual !
Thanks for your help

George
Administrator
Administrator

Re: ARO 10-0 help needed

Post by George »

Hello!
Where is the shaft blocked? In the wheel hub? At bearing wheel?
If it's blocked there, you must spray rust remover, brake liquid or diesel, to unblock. It is possible to be forced to use hydraulic press.
ARO CLUB ROMANIA
ardeleanu
Membru legendar
Membru legendar

Post by ardeleanu »

Hi,
Just drop an email to Thierry Thouaille ( from France, but he is speaking english...), thierry.thouaille @ gmail. com
He had the same issue a few weeks ago and he can provide you some technical advices.
Good luck!
Tht30
Nou venit
Nou venit

Post by Tht30 »

Thanks everybody for your replies ! I eventually succeeded to removing the broken shaft ans replaciyng it... Problem solved !

jmuselli
Nou venit
Nou venit

Post by jmuselli »

Bonjour j'ai le même problème, un cardan cassé.
Les cardans avants et arrières sont-ils identiques ?
Soryn
Membru legendar
Membru legendar

Post by Soryn »

jmuselli wrote: 27 Aug 2021, 16:30 Bonjour j'ai le même problème, un cardan cassé.
Les cardans avants et arrières sont-ils identiques ?
Some wheel parts( brake sistem-caliper disc- bearing), ball joints end axle shafts could be the same as the Renault12 smal engine cars (1.3-1.4). There mey be some diferences that you need to sort off, like the length of the shaft, you should do more reserch on wath parts do you have on the car end the parts from renault12 or dacia 1300-1310. Your car its very old in terms of desing of this model, Mk1 were build only a few yars with that kind of independent suspension. From 1982 on,. a solid axle en biggere rims were used insted of the independent rear suspension...ended up a new model Mk2.
jmuselli
Nou venit
Nou venit

Post by jmuselli »

Thank you Soryn for your help.
I have a question. Where's the origin of the rear differential in the indépendant rear axle?
Made by Aro or from another car
brand ? I would like to know where to look for it.
Thank you again.
Soryn
Membru legendar
Membru legendar

Post by Soryn »

jmuselli wrote: 28 Aug 2021, 20:15 Thank you Soryn for your help.
I have a question. Where's the origin of the rear differential in the indépendant rear axle?
Made by Aro or from another car
brand ? I would like to know where to look for it.
Thank you again.
I think the rear dif housing were made for aro10 mk1 cars onli, gears could fit from the newer generațion (ring -pinion). Im not exactly sure bicouse we never saw that kind of diff opened up ..pictures. You should split the case open if it's broken, see what's wrong with it, afther that start serching parts here , or on facebok grups were some car owners hang out.