I'M BACK, BUT WHERE'S RAMIRO?

Presentations,questions,everything...only in english language,please

Moderator: UMMM461

jumabago
Incepator
Incepator

I'M BACK, BUT WHERE'S RAMIRO?

Post by jumabago »

I've been away for a couple of years, mostly due to my work which involves being in a farm, without a phone even; but now that I'm back I see that my pal on the English Corner is nowhere to be found. I'm talking about Ramiro, from Portugal.
For some reason, I guess it has to do with the fact that I was away for so long, I can't send pms. And that's fine, but can someone help me out and try to contact him for me?
I see that his last activity was almost 3 years ago. I've been also reading his old posts, and I noticed that he had personally met other members from the forum, I'm assuming also from Portugal.
Anyway, please help me out, and let him know I'm looking for him.
thanks a lot,
I'll be participating more from now on.
cheers!
Aro 10.4 DR, 1999, Renault F8Q624, 1.9

ydaniel
Membru legendar
Membru legendar

Re: I'M BACK, BUT WHERE'S RAMIRO?

Post by ydaniel »

Welcome back!!!
Ramiro
Membru Devotat
Membru Devotat

Post by Ramiro »

Hi there,

Welcome back. Thank you very much for worrying about me, now I’m older and retired, and It’s time to give place to the younger members
But I still drive my Portuguese Aro... ;)

Salut!
A lenda vive...!!!
jumabago
Incepator
Incepator

Post by jumabago »

hey Ramiro! How are you doing? I was worried about you. I'm glad you're still driving your Portaro, I'm also still driving my Aro. Given the conditions (there's been a flood and huge parts of the country are under water) in La Pampa, the province of Argentina where I mainly reside, I've had to get "mud" tires. We'll see how that goes when I fit them on my Arito. I'll post pictures when that's done. Hope you'll like the result.
Now I’ll give you a little bit of an update. I'm sure you've noticed that the Argentinian forum is down. Not long after we started it, the facebook page for the Argentinian Aro owners (it's called "Yo tengo un jeep ARO!") started catching speed, so much so, that only very few users switched to our forum and it died. I saved all its content, and I help people on the fb group when I can with it (I'll do that here when I can but pretty much all the info was taken from here anyway). I'll also try to be the bridge to channel their questions onto this English Corner. Not many of them speak english...
The main reason for concern here is spare parts. Last year Anibal Coletti died: he was, you see, kind of the Aro King here. He used to own the only Aro dealership in Argentina, and after it closed, he kept a huge number of spare parts, and he would sell them at very fair prices. I don’t know what happened to all his stuff though. I visited him shortly before he passed and he still had a lot of it (and I mean a lot: he had a huge storage area the size of a house!). A few of us have even tried to buy stuff online from Europe but the sites that do have parts are Romanian and won’t ship to southamerica. I’m talking about sites like: okazii.ro and the like. We’ll see about that.
On a more personal note, if any of you want to find me on fb, my fb name is Juan Manuel Abago, look me up if you want.
Also, thanks for the welcome ydaniel! I remember you were very helpful when I needed info, I hope we’ll all stay in touch! Don’t be strangers!

ydaniel
Membru legendar
Membru legendar

Post by ydaniel »

Find the spare parts,because IN Romania are becoming very rare and also at high prices!
Ramiro
Membru Devotat
Membru Devotat

Post by Ramiro »

Hi Juan,
We are also on facebook. Please find "Aro Club Romania", or "Portaro".
Greetings from Portugal.
A lenda vive...!!!
jumabago
Incepator
Incepator

Post by jumabago »

hi ramiro, i'm already following "aro club romania" on fb, and i'm affraid i can't find anything with just "portaro" as the name... please friend me if you want, cheers