PARTS COMPATIBILITY FOR ARO10 Please help

All about performance,service,spare parts

Moderator: UMMM461

icemann
Membru
Membru

Re: PARTS COMPATIBILITY FOR ARO10 Please help

Post by icemann »

yes i see... there is nothing worse like wet insulation.. you are better without it :)

icemann
Membru
Membru

Post by icemann »

Guys, i have a problem with the front doors. the rubber on the windows is short and there is water coming in from the ends... i will post picture later, but how do i solve this? i tried fitting other rubbers but they were not the same type.. will silicone help? i dont think that it will becouse the windows are opening and that will glue them or slow them down.. i cant put insulation becouse of this..
Soryn
Membru legendar
Membru legendar

Post by Soryn »

witch ruber door window ?a picture .
icemann
Membru
Membru

Post by icemann »

window rubber from the outside..
vrati.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Soryn
Membru legendar
Membru legendar

Post by Soryn »

the dor has some vent /drainage pre/cut's passage undeneeth, it's a comon prooblem i thinck.
Aro 10 i'ts not made for clear sky permanent contact with climateric conditions, at the time was a budget suv,
the car is in nead for a ruff /shel cover when no use .
you chan tray a DYI improvement solution with some rubber paste or somthing.
icemann
Membru
Membru

Post by icemann »

SorinTVY wrote:the dor has some vent /drainage pre/cut's passage undeneeth, it's a comon prooblem i thinck.
Aro 10 i'ts not made for clear sky permanent contact with climateric conditions, at the time was a budget suv,
the car is in nead for a ruff /shel cover when no use .
you chan tray a DYI improvement solution with some rubber paste or somthing.
i know it was a budget suv :) it still is :) i`ll try to work something out :)
10x

btw do you know which alternators from other cars fits aro 10. do i need to get one with bigger amps or not?
Soryn
Membru legendar
Membru legendar

Post by Soryn »

the version's with 1.9d engine ,had 75Amp alternator,
your's has a 36 or 50 amp alternator, i'ts low, at limit of giving charging, but if is charging at idel speed ,end gives to the wiering 13.8. 14.4 it's good. if not, you may replace it.

Daewo matiz had a 65 75 amp alternator, i'ts a direct fit, minor ajustment's,
yoo chan adapt from old vw ,audi, bmw,renault. but you need to replace the beld phuly.

if you change the original alternator, end the new is whith voltage regulator inside , you will take of the voltage regulator mounted on the driver semiwing. take the + wier from the key dash swich end direct conect it to the DF wich wil become D+ of the new alternator.
icemann
Membru
Membru

Post by icemann »

I have some old ones i'll try to adapt it. Mine doesnt charge when idle and the regulator doesnt work right. When I press gas pedal the lights turn brighter and the heating fan speeds up. On idle the battery is going down and the engine stops.. So I guess I need a new alternator.
icemann
Membru
Membru

Post by icemann »

btw what kind of carburator works best with my 1.4 engine? mine is leaking at the membrane... i can buy new one.. i found one i still dont know how it is possible but i found one that is same with mine. but it is not cheap.. like 40euros. should i buy it or fit something else?
Soryn
Membru legendar
Membru legendar

Post by Soryn »

good luck , eradicate the carging isue.
As for the electric circuit , i'm in serch for a aftermarket fuse panel(holder) , the original one is designed for R12 , becouse of the economy same part was used on aro.
humiditi end hy vibration cause problem's periodicaly.

as the carb ,i downt know wich is greater. but problems of the engine came from the igniton sistem-end carb.
if is tuned good runs like a champ,if bad adjustment works bad, no power,no trotle response, very hi gas consumption.
icemann
Membru
Membru

Post by icemann »

Hey Sorin,
I need this membrane for the carburator, the guys at the local shops tough it was from lada riva but it is slightly bigger then the ones from lada.
Is this membrane only for aro?
membrana.jpg
10x
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Soryn
Membru legendar
Membru legendar

Post by Soryn »

no, it's not only for aro, the carb /engine was installed on other car's. in secial dacia 1300-1400 ,the engine i'ts made under renault patent , R12 had similar engine design ,after the R12 ,dacia 1300 was made using similar caracteristics from R12, aro had part's from dacia 1300 . figure that.
i think the carb i'ts made from other solex/ weber design, made under the patent of .
sow the part mey fit from other carb's car's . understand?
check the carb for numer's end who made it. carfil ?
i'ts pain in the ass with the old cars , with speare part's in special.
if you find a similar carb from other engine similar,solex ,or webber i sugest to change it, the problem is finding part's , in romania only rubbish part's ar found in store's,good & original just on old part's for sale on the net,from old people,street marchet ,or people with no use for them. :-[
icemann
Membru
Membru

Post by icemann »

i had luck and found a membrane from the guy that was selling the whole carburator... i changed it now it doesnt leak but it doesnt work good also.. i cleaned the carburator but i guess it needs a guy who knows thing or two about carburators.. i will take it to a guy to tune it.. also the lpg is waaay of line.. 20 liters on 100 km.. that is horrible..
Soryn
Membru legendar
Membru legendar

Post by Soryn »

gpl 15 L max consumption on 100km i thinck.
gas consumtion i thinck it's around 8-12, i downt know,check the manual.
It's a triky job to ajust the carb,end the lpg , in theory a test bencht is needet, withot it just ajusting by how the engine runs end how is ghetting power owt of it in street run ,i ghess.
yo chant do a pro job.
Serch for an old experienced mecannic,serch on internet too, in your region,asck people on old cars forum's.
icemann
Membru
Membru

Post by icemann »

yes yes.. you are correct.. 12-13 max on lpg.. i will find a good mechanic to tune it right... btw yesterday we had a bad day... a screwdriver fell from my uncles pocket into the fan and it exploded to peaces.. we had luck we werent hurt b-(