Aro 10.4 in Macedonia i need help for parts and other stuff

All about performance,service,spare parts

Moderator: UMMM461

Soryn
Membru legendar
Membru legendar

Re: Aro 10.4 in Macedonia i need help for parts and other st

Post by Soryn »

axle ? watt for? You need just the servosterring box , connect you leaver to it(adjustment to the splines- normal cast iron ,not heat hardened). , mount her on too the chasy.
Chasy for the brachet, you need to instal the leaver on to the box shaft first, after you cutt downt the old brachet, you position the new box on to the chasy (you chan fix it on the chasy with a sintetic rap with tightening divice ), mark the hole position , take the box down, drill the holes,you need to instal some metal pipe in to the holes (interior of the tube,must fit with the mounting bolts exterior ), after fiting the inserts in,you ned to weld the insert with the chasy (insert face contact hole driled in to the chasy) .bowth sides( engine-exterior face of the chasy)
After that,some grinding ,paint, mount the new box with some long bolts . end you are done.

icemann
Membru
Membru

Post by icemann »

no no.. i ment about the front axles from the diff.
i want to fix them to put them on the car.. i am now only with rear drive.

[quote="icemann"]my front axles are worn a little due to broken bearings.. i want to take them to a guy to weld them a bit and then machine them to fit perfectly
but i dont know what is the diameter that they should have? these are not mine
IMG_20130705_183953.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Soryn
Membru legendar
Membru legendar

Post by Soryn »

FIRST buy the bearings, second stage,welding the worn parts with tig ,on a rotating divice, downt use stic weld ,the tig hets the metal just at the surface, the stic wil overheat the shaft bending the shaft, turning in too a mess.
Machine the parts to fit the bearing.
Thi's days if i will have time,i will serch end mesure the dimesion.
icemann
Membru
Membru

Post by icemann »

i`ve bought the bearings and installed them when i was changing the big bearings on the wheels..

so i`m gonna wait for the dimension that you will give me and go with it..

btw from yesterday i hear a noise coming form the back. its coming from the wheels or the diff. it is not like grinding but like there is a loud car that drives behind me.. it is not from the exhaust or the engine.. it is defenetly from the drive train.. i was thinking the bearings or oil in the diff but i`ve installed new bearings this summer and i`ve filled the diff with oil.. i dont know how to check it..

icemann
Membru
Membru

Post by icemann »

http://www.aro-10.net/en/transmission-a ... shaft.html

this rubber is all wasted as i inspected it yesterday.. the rubber doesnt hold the shaft centered.. it is not damaged but very soft and the shaft lays on the rubber.. i put a little extra rubber part to center the shaft and there are less vibrations.. and the noise seems to be from this bearing. as i saw it was dry and i havent changed it..
does this thing fits from another car like lada niva or something, so i can avoid expenses from ordering from Romania..

also i`m buying new tires..
http://www.nexentireusa.com/tires/suv-l ... oadian-at2
i read about them, they are good from the reviews and fairly cheep.. 100 euro a peace..
bf goodrich is 150 euros to much for me..

the size is 31/10 R15
i hope they fit :) anyways im planning that lift that i was talking about so it should work :).
icemann
Membru
Membru

Post by icemann »

I know that 31/10.5-R15 is little big for aro but i couldnt resist.. they were cheap and they had good reviews. so i bought them.
The rear went without problems.. i still have to take the springs to a blacksmith to press them and lift the back, and still have to get the new front shocks and lift the front..
but with only little fender cut i managed to fit them.

The ride is incredible.. it is softer and the engine doesnt scream on 3800Rpm when going 80km/h now on 2800-2900rpm i get to 80km/h.
i`ve tried it on local paved roads with great Macedonian "flatness" and it doesn't rub anywhere.. so it has some flex until i fix the shocks i think it will be ok.
the braking is better, the back end doesn't swing when i ride on wet surface anymore..
i have to try it on gasoline not lpg and see if i can still climb the hills.
today i rode 180 km there were some heights but it was same as it use to be..
3th gear 40km or 2nd gear 20 or so...

it would be better if i had smaller for mud clearance, snow clearance and flex but i will work something out.
btw these are all terrain and i cannot tell a deference in noise.. i was expecting very noisy tires but they are actually same as those highway tires..
DSC_0161.jpg
DSC_0116.jpg
DSC_0119.jpg
and the steering is not harder.. i feel it a bit nicer..

next on list
servo, and suspension..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
icXu
Membru de elita
Membru de elita

Post by icXu »

It looks awesome with the new tires!
icemann
Membru
Membru

Post by icemann »

icXu wrote:It looks awesome with the new tires!
Yes it does.. i shall do an offroad test to see how it behaves.
icemann
Membru
Membru

Post by icemann »

i rode the Aro yesterday on a muddy trail.
when i was approaching that trail there is a 2-3 km road made from stone blocks something like this http://www.jazclass.aust.com/blog/files2/cobbles.jpg and usually when driving with the old tires and my fathers car there is almost unbearable noise and vibration.. it looks like the car is going to fall apart but i was surprised when the noise and vibration were reduced to almost a minimum... i was actually able to talk with normal voice, that was not possible before..
so that went quite well, but then on the offroad part there was a lot of mud and an uphill and i got stuck 2-3 times but i tried again and succeeded. and only with rear drive. the tires held great, and there was room for mud, i was thinking that the wheels will block from mud but that didnt happen. this place is very bad because the ground is some sort of clay which sticks like hell.
it was a fun day :)
UMMM461
Membru
Membru

Post by UMMM461 »

Congratulations so it was a very successful first test.
icemann
Membru
Membru

Post by icemann »

I`m trying to reduce the backlash in the rear diferential..
by now i`ve removed the cardan shaft and the axles.. the nut was a bit loose. i will be replacing the oil seal becouse it leaks, but i still havent figure out how to adjust the backlash.

i`ve oppened the 14 bolt cover, i guess the next step is to remove the diff block pin
and remove the whole gearset.
Picture 079.jpg
i have this manual but i cant understand it.. how do i fix the play?
Soryn
Membru legendar
Membru legendar

Post by Soryn »

Unlock 8 the M6 bolt 21 from the holding caps 7 & 23 .
Loosen up a bit 7 ,tighten 23 , if 7 & 23 i'ts hard to turn, loosen up a bit the 4 x M10 bolts from the caps, after ajustment retork the M12 bolt,instal the cilps 8 with the M6 bolt 21, the caps ar threded ,in the iner side(downt loose them to hard)
icemann
Membru
Membru

Post by icemann »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrE44D0SKKI

so it is this system..
the treads move the big gear left and right with that reducing the space between the gears?
icemann
Membru
Membru

Post by icemann »

btw. after checking the output shaft from the transfer case had the same backlash when put in gear.. i`m guessing that comes from the transmition? to fix that is to open tha gearbox and find the worn gears and change them? or that backlash will not be noticable after i fix the diff?
Soryn
Membru legendar
Membru legendar

Post by Soryn »

It's on the ciken mind that will be independent play,diff,transfer case,ghear box