All about performance,service,spare parts

Moderator: UMMM461

Kobus
Incepator
Incepator

Re: ARO 10.4 progress from Namibia

Post by Kobus »

Evening Friends

Tonight me and my friend started tracing the wires in the vehicle and got 95% of everything to work eclectically from the 5% that was working. that was a huge relieve for my. Tomorrow I want to fit the alternator and some other stuff.

I just want to thank each and everyone for your support. \:/

Soryn
Membru legendar
Membru legendar

Post by Soryn »

Its grate if you discovered the mistery of the wiering . Wat i intended to say in the abowe post ,was that ...... I doubt anyone would have an exact electric diagram for this car, it's right-handed drive, the wiring is different theoretically. Apart from this aspect, it was the problem that there were N-variants of cars, like engine, gearbox, optical lights, on-board clocks, dash instruments , engine cooling, switches, options, etc. Only a well-trained person can understand his mystery. That is, it must know in principle what and how these systems work. If I had a good electric diagram, I would have give it, unfortunately I do not. In this parts catalog, there are some pictures with some portions of the wiering, but without a detailed description, there are images of different electrical equipment, lamps, headlights etc.
Kobus
Incepator
Incepator

Post by Kobus »

SorinTVY wrote:Its grate if you discovered the mistery of the wiering . Wat i intended to say in the abowe post ,was that ...... I doubt anyone would have an exact electric diagram for this car, it's right-handed drive, the wiring is different theoretically. Apart from this aspect, it was the problem that there were N-variants of cars, like engine, gearbox, optical lights, on-board clocks, dash instruments , engine cooling, switches, options, etc. Only a well-trained person can understand his mystery. That is, it must know in principle what and how these systems work. If I had a good electric diagram, I would have give it, unfortunately I do not. In this parts catalog, there are some pictures with some portions of the wiering, but without a detailed description, there are images of different electrical equipment, lamps, headlights etc.
I understand what you said and appreciate your input. I like the idea the the ARO community is so close and help each other. ^:)^

thanks
Kobus
Incepator
Incepator

Post by Kobus »

Hello my ARO colleagues

Tonight i started the engine. tomorrow i want to do the cooling system, but first I need to manufacture an alternator bracket and also re-manufacture a clutch bracket for the cable as the alternator is in the way of the cable.

t'ill next time.

Soryn
Membru legendar
Membru legendar

Post by Soryn »

Yep,in some renault engines the alternator has mounting posițion in the back off the engine,on aro will be facing the fairwall . It's harș, but with some determinațion, it can be done.
ydaniel
Membru legendar
Membru legendar

Post by ydaniel »

Nice car!How many Aro are still there?
Kobus
Incepator
Incepator

Post by Kobus »

ydaniel wrote:Nice car!How many Aro are still there?

I only know of another in Namibia. I am trying to connect with them but it is difficult to get hold of them..
Kobus
Incepator
Incepator

Post by Kobus »

Hello my Friends.

It has been a long time since I posted something. I was away from home for work but started on my ARO again. I made a clutch bracket and an alternator bracket since it would be in the way of the clutch cable. here are some photos. you will notice that the alternator sits on top of the engine :D

I would like to know what you think
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Kobus on 27 May 2017, 00:04, edited 1 time in total.
Kobus
Incepator
Incepator

Post by Kobus »

Here are more photos
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
castrosua
Incepator
Incepator

Post by castrosua »

That is an odd placement for the alternator, but not that odd. My Crown Victoria has the alternator on the top between the cylinder banks, so its ok as far as any heat issues.
Kobus
Incepator
Incepator

Post by Kobus »

I had no choice but to put is there. There is no space next to the engin. Thanks for the input.
Soryn
Membru legendar
Membru legendar

Post by Soryn »

Front caliper ar the same as renault 12 tipe ,dacia 1300 ,228 mm discs the same .
You can serch the seals for that tipe of caliper . 48 mm cilinder diameter . https://www.onlinecarparts.co.uk/frenkit-7818434.html .
You can try rebuild the rear cilinders with afermarchet seals alssow made for 22.2 or 22 mm rear brake cilinder .
In Europe ,we have as aftermarchet brake seals manufacturers ,AutoSeinsa end FrenKit . Maybe In you part of the world , another manufacturer makes those tipes of seals .
Kobus
Incepator
Incepator

Post by Kobus »

SorinTVY wrote:Front caliper ar the same as renault 12 tipe ,dacia 1300 ,228 mm discs the same .
You can serch the seals for that tipe of caliper . 48 mm cilinder diameter . https://www.onlinecarparts.co.uk/frenkit-7818434.html .
You can try rebuild the rear cilinders with afermarchet seals alssow made for 22.2 or 22 mm rear brake cilinder .
In Europe ,we have as aftermarchet brake seals manufacturers ,AutoSeinsa end FrenKit . Maybe In you part of the world , another manufacturer makes those tipes of seals .

Thanks Sorin

my wheel cylinders is 22mm. thanks for the help. you guys are so helpfull. ^:)^