All about performance,service,spare parts

Moderator: UMMM461

Kobus
Incepator
Incepator

ARO 10.4 progress from Namibia

Post by Kobus »

Hello my friends..

I want to know if it is OK if I talk about my progress on my ARO here and share Photos in this topic?

Otherwise I will just delete this topic.

I would also like to have your input as I know nothing about this vehicle.....

All I know is that a Romanian company started an assembly plant in Namibia in a town called Gobabis.

This is the article from the Namibian a local newspaper.....

."In 1998 a
Romanian-owned 4x4 vehicle assembly plant at Gobabis, Aro, shut
down after producing only a handful of four-wheel drive cars.No
reason was given by the company for the shutdown, but the owner had
complained on several occasions to senior Gobabis municipal
officers about the company's failure to obtain credit facilities
from local financial institutions.

So spares will be very scares or non existent here in Namibia

PS......
Thanks for all the help that you gave me.

Thanks
Kobus

Kobus
Incepator
Incepator

Re: ARO 10.4 progress from Namibia

Post by Kobus »

My first encounter with the ARO....

Someone asked me if I was interested in a 4X4 vehice( he told me it was a PANDA, I thought it was a FIAT). I went to have a look and saw the ARO for the first time. Declined the Offer and told him I don't know the vehicle.

So a couple of month later he told me I must come take the vehicle free of charge or he is going to take it to the scrapyard so it can get crushed. The following day i went to fetch it (I can not let a vehicle get crushed if I know deep in my heart it can be fixed)

http://aro4x4.net/smf/download/file.php ... w&id=81328

this is what I fell in love with.

This was in August 2016

So after a little research I saw she had a Renault 12 motor in her, I took out the sparkplugs and saw water in the cylinders. As Renault 12's never came to Namibia we do not have this engines here, so Got a Renault 5 motor. it fits perfectly. The only thing is that I had to cut a hole on top of the bell housing to accommodate the cam pulley what drives the alternator and waterpump.

Later on I realized that the sump(oil pan) from the Renault 5 does not work with the diff and that the original sump is missing from the previous owner. so Started making my own sump.

http://aro4x4.net/smf/download/file.php ... w&id=81329

http://aro4x4.net/smf/download/file.php ... w&id=81330

to continue in next post...........
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kobus
Incepator
Incepator

Post by Kobus »

So I can only work 1-2 hours a night after work and over weekends. So after a lot of fitting and reshaping it was done I don't know if it is even close to the original as I had no reverence to how it looks like.........
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kobus
Incepator
Incepator

Post by Kobus »

Here it is with the sump on my "mock up" block with the diff. And the painted sump on the engine.

ardeleanu
Membru legendar
Membru legendar

Post by ardeleanu »

Hi Kobus,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It's ok to have a topic in here to present your car and your work.
Do not hesitate to ask your questions on this topic, we will try our best to get some answers for you. :)
Good luck! %%- good luck
Kobus
Incepator
Incepator

Post by Kobus »

So this weekend I fitted the engine to the vehicle. you will notice that the pulleys is facing the fir wall now.

Tonight I started with the wiring of the vehicle thanks to @ardeleanu ^:)^ for the wiring diagram. It looks like the vehicle caught fire alo with the previous owner so this is a new challenge for me...

I will tell you tomorrow again what progress a made.

Oh... today I found the starter solenoid wire... ::)

see you all tomorrow
Last edited by Kobus on 24 Apr 2017, 22:58, edited 1 time in total.
Kobus
Incepator
Incepator

Post by Kobus »

ardeleanu wrote:Hi Kobus,
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It's ok to have a topic in here to present your car and your work.
Do not hesitate to ask your questions on this topic, we will try our best to get some answers for you. :)
Good luck! %%- good luck
thanks "ardeleanu"
Kobus
Incepator
Incepator

Post by Kobus »

hi my ARO friends.

So tonight is started to look for the water temperature sender wire and the oil pressure wire. with the use of a multi meter. I also realized the the wiring diagram is also not the same as my ARO. I have included a photo of the VIN plate. mybe you can help me on the year model....

Thanks
Kobus
vercingetorix
Membru legendar
Membru legendar

Post by vercingetorix »

Your car is model year 1996.
Daca nu Aro, atunci ce ?
Kobus
Incepator
Incepator

Post by Kobus »

vercingetorix wrote:Your car is model year 1996.
Thank you very much
Werner
Aro Club Romania
Aro Club Romania

Post by Werner »

The ARO is very rusty! Do You have so heavy Winter in Namibia? :-j :-j :-j
ardeleanu
Membru legendar
Membru legendar

Post by ardeleanu »

Are cineva posibilitatea sa-l ajute pe colegul din Namibia cu o schema electrica pentru un ARO10.4 din 1996 ?
Multumesc.
Soryn
Membru legendar
Membru legendar

Post by Soryn »

Mă îndoiesc că ar avea cineva o schemă exactă pentru mașina lui, e cu volan pe dreapta ,cablajul e diferit teoretic .Înafară de accest aspect,a mai fost problema că au fost N-variante de mașini ,ca motorizare,cutie de viteze ,blocuri optice ,ceasuri de bord,tipuri de bord,racire motor ,butoane,optiuni samd .Doar o persoană bine pregătită dpdv electric poate desluși misterul lui . Adică trebuie să cunoască principial ,ce și cum funcționează sistemele respective . Dacă aș fi avut o schema bună, i-aș fi dat-o,din păcate nu am . În catalogul ăsta de piese, există câteva poze în ansamblu cu anumite portiuni din cablaj, dar fără descriere în detaliu, sunt imagini cu diferite echipamente electrice ,lămpi,faruri etc. Încercați să îi explicați domnului din Namibia asta .

modelul vechi 81+ http://www.pedros.cz/Aro/A10.pdf , http://www.sdtkamen.websnadno.cz/Tipynavody-.html , https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwN-RX ... dzdms/edit
Kobus
Incepator
Incepator

Post by Kobus »

Werner wrote:The ARO is very rusty! Do You have so heavy Winter in Namibia? :-j :-j :-j

No our winter is quite warm we had a heatwave now for two weeks now ranging between 42 and 35 degC.

:D its not rust but actually 15 years of old dust.
Kobus
Incepator
Incepator

Post by Kobus »

SorinTVY wrote:Mă îndoiesc că ar avea cineva o schemă exactă pentru mașina lui, e cu volan pe dreapta ,cablajul e diferit teoretic .Înafară de accest aspect,a mai fost problema că au fost N-variante de mașini ,ca motorizare,cutie de viteze ,blocuri optice ,ceasuri de bord,tipuri de bord,racire motor ,butoane,optiuni samd .Doar o persoană bine pregătită dpdv electric poate desluși misterul lui . Adică trebuie să cunoască principial ,ce și cum funcționează sistemele respective . Dacă aș fi avut o schema bună, i-aș fi dat-o,din păcate nu am . În catalogul ăsta de piese, există câteva poze în ansamblu cu anumite portiuni din cablaj, dar fără descriere în detaliu, sunt imagini cu diferite echipamente electrice ,lămpi,faruri etc. Încercați să îi explicați domnului din Namibia asta .

modelul vechi 81+ http://www.pedros.cz/Aro/A10.pdf , http://www.sdtkamen.websnadno.cz/Tipynavody-.html , https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwN-RX ... dzdms/edit
good evening

The wiring diagram that you show me there, I already have. but is not exactly the same as my ARO. but i traced everything and sorted it out

Thank you for the support. ^:)^