All about performance,service,spare parts

Moderator: UMMM461

zdebat
Junior
Junior

Way of venting water cooling engine - Mod de aerisire motor

Post by zdebat »

Hello,
What is the correct way to vent the water installation engine?
I doubt that the installation has air pockets for which the engine is overheating.

Bună ziua,
Care este modul corect de aerisire a motorului instalația de apă?
Mă îndoiesc că instalația are buzunare de aer pentru care motorul se supraincalzeste.

icemann
Membru
Membru

Re: Way of venting water cooling engine - Mod de aerisire mo

Post by icemann »

I am no expert but water is cooled in the radiator which is cooked by the fan. There might be a problem in the termostat, there might be air in the system or not enough liquid or problem with the fan. In my aro 10.4 the fan is conected with the waterpump by a belt an is allways running. If that is the case with you than you have one less suspect.
For start you can check the temp on all water hoses when the engine is wormed up.
zdebat
Junior
Junior

Post by zdebat »

Thank you for your response Iceman. Next weekend I try to see what the problem is. The pump is operating normally (dismantled and cleaned) refrigerator cleaned and rinsed. Pump drive belt new and good tension. When I put the water and started the engine and let the air hose heating cabins hear air bubbles. After a long drive signal light water temperature poorly lit.
CRISX
Membru de elita
Membru de elita

Post by CRISX »

also, you can fix this by mounting another electric fan in the front of radiator, near mask - i do it.

zdebat
Junior
Junior

Post by zdebat »

It is too little space for that I think. Maybe I make another vent for exit air. I'll report the results.
icemann
Membru
Membru

Post by icemann »

I have the same problems these days, i bought new thermostat because the old one was leaking when closed.. i mean really letting water pass. So i changed it with 83 degrees Celsius as the original. the heating in the cabin is very poor, its warm like 10-15 sec than it cools down. i will try to mount the thermostat upside down.(now its mounted with the small cylinder downwards... Maybe that will solve the problem.
Also a tip for air bubbles. I had the same problem, i opened the valves for releasing air but that didn't work quite well so i removed a hose from the right side and pored liquid directly util its full and than repeated that with the other side.
Tell me what you did with your car? Btw i have more hoses because my aro is running on LPG

cheers!
Last edited by icemann on 03 Nov 2013, 22:54, edited 1 time in total.
icemann
Membru
Membru

Post by icemann »

zdebat wrote:Thank you for your response Iceman. Next weekend I try to see what the problem is. The pump is operating normally (dismantled and cleaned) refrigerator cleaned and rinsed. Pump drive belt new and good tension. When I put the water and started the engine and let the air hose heating cabins hear air bubbles. After a long drive signal light water temperature poorly lit.
Sorry i didn`t understand this. the water is cold after a long drive? or overheating?
zdebat
Junior
Junior

Post by zdebat »

My Aro also use LPG. Also have extra water pipes. But when the LPG installed there was no problem with the coolant. I think the problem is in the air in the cooling system. When the car warms up to operating temperature light on the control panel poorly light. No light at full power. I do not know that the temperature of the water (not cold) water temperature because needle is invalid. I'm waiting to receive the new temperature gauge.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-52mm-Car-LED- ... c9&vxp=mtr

Only then I will know exactly if the problem is in the control panel. In the meantime, I'll take out the cabin heater and clean. I'll make another vent on the rubber tube heater cabin.
icemann
Membru
Membru

Post by icemann »

i cleaned the cabin heater.. it is pain in the a**. alot of work and i still dont have heating.. im going to transfer the LPG on the center of the engine bay to shorten the water hoses... for now you can try to remove one pipe from the crossroad between the LPG and heating in cabin hold the one end and pour cooling liquid in the other end.. that is how i fixed it.. check the pipes under the dashboard if they are hot when the engine is on operating temp.. does your heating works?
I am new to this but from my point i think without Water Temp Temperature Meter Gauge you are risking alot.. you dont know if the engine is overheating or it is not getting enough hot water..
cheers!
zdebat
Junior
Junior

Post by zdebat »

You're right, drive without the temperature gauge is risky and I avoid it. That's why I ordered a new temperature gauge. How difficult to remove the cabin heater? Is there anything in particular to watch out for in this job? Do you have any pictures of the engine where you see LPG installation? I'll take a picture to compare my engine. Please shoot all valves to release air from the refrigeration system. I think it should be a valve below the water pump.
icemann
Membru
Membru

Post by icemann »

on my water pump there is no valve for releasing air. i know this because i replaced it.. i dont have pictures but i`ll make tomorrow.. in my case i had to remove the heater because it was leaking.. to get to it you have to remove everything.. and i mean everything.. here is a pic.
1172300_10151742083929213_1051623181_o.jpg
sorry its blurry but you can see i still haven't got to the heater.. you have to remove the vipers, the steering, the cumplug pedal.. everything from the dashboard.. and the plastic parts are very easy to break.. if you have bad smell or dirt coming out from the air vents i recommend cleaning only the big paper pipes, and that front panel that is before the hood on the outside.. i cleaned everything and i still need to remove that part.. the air intake from outside..

As i know there are two valves for releasing air.. at least on my aro.. i`ll make some pictures..
cheers!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Soryn
Membru legendar
Membru legendar

Post by Soryn »

if you need to remove the cover of intake tunel, you need to remove the bonet -hinge's 2 x 3 M8 bolts. after theat the smal x bolts ,in the fender place are 2 x 2 M6 bolts,with the washer end nut under the fender side. in the end,the cover mey bee glued down ,with a car adesive,you need to rise the cover slowly end cutt the adezive with a knife ,blade ,somthing. you nedd a xxl x Screwdriver HD one ,the bolt's mey have rust contact.

if you remove the vent tunel cover, remuve the rust away, becouse you will find rust on the body there, in each side is 1 watter drainage hole, you need to invent 2 small funnel's (glued dowmn with car body adesive) ,with 2 hoses, the hose will pass tru the inside of the body end exit tru the second drainage holl underneeth , this is necessarly becouse the watter from rain is flowing inside the body cavyti (door hinges caps) ,the body wil russt inside- end the door will falll down.
tray to protect the 2 cavyti's with some car cavity vax ..

i instaled the 2 watter drainage sistems today ,on the new body shell. just 2 pictures. with the final result.
body is not the same, but this problem is a comon fix.
i made the smal ''funnel '' from steinles steel washer (cut with the angle grinder,Drill the M18 hole), end weld a pice of steinles pipe ,i used this method becouse the bastard will not ghet rust in near future!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Soryn on 07 Nov 2013, 00:34, edited 5 times in total.
icemann
Membru
Membru

Post by icemann »

SorinTVY wrote:if you need to remove the cover of intake tunel, you need to remove the bonet -hinge's 2 x 3 M8 bolts. after theat the smal x bolts ,in the fender place are 2 x 2 M6 bolts,with the washer end nut under the fender side. in the end,the cover mey bee glued down ,with a car adesive,you need to rise the cover slowly end cutt the adezive with a knife ,blade ,somthing. you nedd a xxl x Screwdriver HD one ,the bolt's mey have rust contact.
Yep thats it.. thanks Sorin.. i have my eyes on those bolts for monts now.. but few jobs are prior to that "surgery"
icemann
Membru
Membru

Post by icemann »

that is a nice way to do it Sorin :)..
btw your English is getting better. i can understand you completely :) not sure about mine tho..
Zdebat this is my engine bay.. as you can see the LPG is mounted on the right side and water hoses are uselessly circling around.. i will put it in the center where the windows washing liquid tank goes.. and cut the hoses.. maybe that will help with proper heating.. Sorin what do you think? do you have any ideas why there is no heating...
DSC_0455[1].jpg
this is the firs valve for letting air out of the system..
DSC_0451[1].jpg
this is the other one..
DSC_0453[1].jpg
aro_geo
Membru
Membru

Post by aro_geo »

The car has 2 valves (those in iceman pictures) for removing the air from the water circuit. When there is no air in the system and you open them, only antifreeze will come out. When you turn on the heating and open the valve on the right wing, is it pouring liquid continously? If not, you have air in the system (more precisely in the heating radiator in the cabin from which is harder to remove the air). I had an interesting situation after changing the antifreeze liquid. With the engine running at 85 degrees, having turned the heating on and opened the valve on the right wing completely (even removed the small cap of the valve) no liquid was pouring. I had to put a small hose instead of the valve cap and use suction until liquid came out.