All about performance,service,spare parts

Moderator: UMMM461

Geo77
Nou venit
Nou venit

Hi.

Post by Geo77 »

Hi everybody!

I am back to the forum with another nickname (geo77) instead of geo@7 that I had before. While restoring my ARO 240, I took out the xde engine and have a toyota 2l instead and I got new front brakes. The problem is that as I saw in the Wikipedia Aro had installed toyota 2lt engine in one edition. Does anyone know if the 2lt (which is as the 2l with a turbocharge) was installed in the same gearbox, or should I use another one? I have a serious problem also: the front differential is too big for the 2l engine. So the engine rises up to 15 cm over the hood and does not align correctly. It would be very helpful if anyone has done such a swap or installment. Thank you in advance!

icemann
Membru
Membru

Re: Hi.

Post by icemann »

Hi,
I havent done a swap nor i know the problems that may arive from swaping those engines but i`ve been thinking on this idea because i`m planning an engine swap also but on aro 10.

so i was thinking that if the engine is taller than the original i can do a body lift. with that the hood will rise and the engine will fit...

that leads to more problems like adapting the steering column and gear shifter but nothing that the people here havent done..

i hope i hopefull
UMMM461
Membru
Membru

Post by UMMM461 »

Aro installed the Toyota 2LT with Toyota gear box, the one without solenoid (full manual gearbox)

As far as I know Aro never installed the 2L disel motor.

PS
Try to find an 2LT-2 Toyota disel engine, works much better than the 2LT and feels as a total different engine.
Geo77
Nou venit
Nou venit

Post by Geo77 »

Good morning. I found a front set of 242 brake system. I would like to know if the set is correct. The width of the brake drum is 57mm? Also, where can I find a set of 242 front brake drums? I would appreciate of some photos if possible.

Maxim
Membru Devotat
Membru Devotat

Post by Maxim »

Here a picture brake drums aro.
Left - rear, right - front. It from real drums.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Geo77
Nou venit
Nou venit

Post by Geo77 »

Thank you very much. But is this a 242 brake drum?